“.TS” is TypeScript File Extension as similar to java script file extension “.Js”.
There are two main ways to get the TypeScript tools:
- Via npm (the Node.js package manager)
- By installing TypeScript’s Visual Studio plugins
Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 include TypeScript by default.
For NPM users:
Open Command prompt and execute below command.It will take some time to download and install all required assemblies.
npm install -g typescript
Now Validate the setup process by executing Tsc command on same command prompt.
Supportive tools for TypeScript:
Benefits of typescript:
- Due to the static typing, code written in TypeScript is more predictable, and is generally easier to debug.
- Makes it easier to organize the code base for very large and complicated apps thanks to modules, namespace and strong OOP support.
- The upcoming Angular 2 framework is written in TypeScript and it’s recommended that developers use the language in their projects as well.
For more details please refer https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/tutorial.html
Type Script Playground is online tool for developing and testing typescript programs without installing any external tools.It automatically translate type script to java script.
Some important features of TypeScript:
- Data Types
- Access Modifiers and Properties
- Static and Instance Members
- Function Overloading
- Type Annotation
- Type inference